Google Translate

Monday 31 October 2011

Oatmeal cookies!

I’ve been struggling for 20 minutes to come up with something clever to say about oatmeal cookies. So far the best line was when I accidentally typed “oatmeat”. I giggled at that one for far too long.  What can I say? These cookies are delicious. Sometimes I add a sprinkling of dried coconut into the mix just for fun.  Eat them while they’re still warm with a glass of milk.


¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 ½ cups rolled oats
¾  cup chocolate chips
1 35g 70% Cacao Lindt Chocolate Bar, chopped



Preheat oven to 350° F. Cream together the butter, milk, vanilla, egg, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth. Some cookie recipes insist you combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl but I see no need to dirty another dish (dishes are my most hated chore). Instead, add the flour, baking powder, salt and oats on top of the butter mixture and stir them around a bit to distribute the baking powder before mixing the whole thing together. Add the chocolate chips and chopped lindt bar. To be honest, I usually eyeball the amount of chocolate chips so feel free to add more or less if you prefer.
Distribute spoonfulls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Carefully transfer to a rack to cool.


2 comments:

  1. I have to say that these excellent cookies are a complete and appropriate replacement for anything you normally eat at breakfast. Shelve the bacon, deep six the eggs. Oatmeat cookies are the way to go.

    ReplyDelete